Pursuing a contempt action against a spouse, former spouse, or opposing party can be a scary and delicate situation. When someone does not pay the child support or spousal support he or she owes, or when they do not take a specific action such as the refinance of a residence after a divorce, the injured party must file legal proceedings to prove the conduct was a willful violation of the Court’s order.

Often the injured party is entitled to receive attorney’s fees and court costs, in addition to receiving the remedy sought after. The party in contempt faces potential jail time, whether as a punishment for a maximum of ten days per violation, or until they remedy the contemptuous activity.

Contempt actions frequently must be litigated and Jones, Green, and Tackett Law, PLLC has the experience required to take your case to court. We will explain each strategic move, prepare you for testimony at court, and prepare a strong case for trial. Contact us today to discuss your situation with one of our knowledgeable attorneys.